The search configuration is how the engine will look and feel. Cludo provides the options to create a search experience using an in-line template or overlay. The inline template will open up the search results in a new web page and give you the most customization. The overlay template will display the search results on top of the existing page where the search was conducted and has an easier implementation but limited customization. Read more about the advantages and disadvantages of the template options here.
Setting up your Search configuration
To set up your search configuration, go to your Settings on the left menu of MyCludo and select Search configurations. Pick between the Inline and Overlay template and select Next.
The inline template will send a user to a new page for the search engine results. In the next step, set the design of the search page.
- No Categories: The search results will be displayed with the relevant pages for a search query
- Categories: The search results will be displayed with the relevant pages for a search query and sort them by the specified categories.
- Categories + Images: The search results will be displayed with the relevant pages for a search query and sort them by the specified categories and images.
Next, set up the configuration of the search.
- Search box: Enter the form ID of your search form. If you have trouble finding the ID of your search form, feel free to submit a support ticket and we can help!
- Search Results URL: Enter the URL in which the search results will appear
The last step of the setup is to implement the code and script onto your website. Simply copy and paste the code and script in the specified location of the page and you’re all set!
The overlay template will configure the search results page to overlay on top of the existing content on the page.
After selecting the overlay template set the design of the search. You can enter the hex code or use the color picker.
In step 3, you will set the configuration for the search.
- Create a search box for me: Cludo will set the search box in the top right corner or the top left corner.
- Use an existing search box: Enter the form ID of your search form. If you have trouble finding the ID of your search form, feel free to submit a support ticket and we can help!
In the last step of the setup, implement the search by simply copying and pasting the code and script to your website within the designated areas.
Can someone design the search configuration for me?
Yes. We have in-house developers that can help you create a custom search solution included in the professional and enterprise packages.
Can I build my own search configuration?
Yes. You have access to our API to build your own solution. View the documentation for the API here.
Have questions? Reach out to our support team for additional implementation help.